It’s important to realize that some companies work unethically in the Security Industry. They train college students to knock on doors that have security yard signs and use lies to persuade unsuspecting homeowners to switch out or upgrade their security with ONE BIG CATCH. They are not trained security consultants, and most of the time, not duly licensed. They are college students getting paid to switch customers’ contracts. You end up owing two companies a monthly service fee. There have been so many complaints in the past several years that the Federal Trade Commission has posted an article on their website.
Be very cautious and DO NOT LET THEM IN AND DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING. We would hate to see any of our customers obligated to pay two monthly service fees. We would be happy to discuss any upgrades to your system and guarantee our pricing.
REMEMBER, the State of Maryland and Virginia require a State Police license, not a company ID to talk to you about your security system.
These “scammers” may say one of the following:
- “There has been an increase in crime in your neighborhood, and you really should be upgrading your system with the latest technology” – NOT TRUE!
- “We are with the factory and giving away FREE UPGRADES”– NOT TRUE!
- “This is a limited time offer, and you must have it installed today”– NOT TRUE!
- “I’m from HST, QUESTRON OR HOMESAFE and here to give you a free upgrade”– NOT TRUE!
- “We bought your old company and are here to upgrade your system”– NOT TRUE!
Some Facts About Us
Apex Alarm (Now calling themselves Vivint) had an “F” rating with the BBB before they changed their company name. Click on the links below for more information about them and other door-to-door problems.
- Vivint & Pinnacle Deceptive Sales Tactics – CLICK HERE
- Pinnacle Fined $525K – CLICK HERE
- Vivint pays ADT 10 MILLION for Door Knocking Scams-CLICK HERE
Criminal Activity is Happening Across the Country
- Philadelphia Citizens Targeted by Security System Scam – CLICK HERE
- Vivint – Deceptive Practices in Florida – CLICK HERE
- APX-Vivint Scams Tennessee – Video – CLICK HERE
- Pinnacle Problems with Attorney General in Missouri – CLICK HERE
- Vivint Problems in Kansas – CLICK HERE
- New York Ag’s Office had enough of Pinnacle – CLICK HERE
- Vivint Still has one of the highest complaint records – CLICK HERE