Why do I need to update my cellular radio?
Each new generation (G) of technology requires the repurposing of the spectrum or airwaves to pave the way for faster, more reliable mobile broadband. Generational changes in technology also require infrastructure changes (upgrades to towers), requiring any form of cellular transmitters to be upgraded, so they can send and receive signals. For your system to communicate with the Central Monitoring Station, the network must be updated.
How do I update my contact information?
Call our customer care department at 410-427-SAFE or send an email requesting an emergency notification update form.
How do I add automation to my system?
Just contact us! For most systems, it is an easy upgrade to allow you to add automation devices, such as locks, thermostats, garage door control, lighting, cameras, and more.
What internet speed do I need to add a video doorbell or cameras?
Your internet upload speed is essential for a reliable video connection. We recommend 1 Mbps for each megapixel device you have that is uploading to the Internet. So, four cameras with 1MP quality video and a 2 MP video doorbell would need a minimum of 6 Mbps of upload speed dedicated to a good experience when watching the remote video.
Keep in mind, we said dedicated, not shared. You will need to have an additional 6 Mbps reserved just for video transmission.
How do I pay my bill online?
- From the HS Tech Group website, navigate to “Pay My Bill” or go to https://webpay.hst-group.com/login.aspx.
- Choose “Setup New Account.”
- Fill in the required fields as noted below:
- Your seven-digit Customer Number beginning with “1.”
- First and Last Name as it appears on your bill
- Billing Zip Code
- Email Address
- Confirm Email Address
- Click “Create Account.”
- A message will appear at the bottom of your submittal saying, “Thank you for creating an account. An email has been sent to your email address with instructions on how to activate your login.”
- Once you click on that link, you will be asked to log in. Once logged in, you will be provided with the option to enter new payment information.
For any questions or concerns about billing, please contact CustomerCare@hstechgroup.com or call 1.888.756.9530.