Ride Share Apps. – How to stay safe:
In 2018, 95 million people used the Uber app on a monthly basis, with 2/3rds of the users being between the ages of 16-34. The ease of use of ride sharing apps continues to drive the market. Ride Share companies provide safe, reliable and efficient transportation for millions of people every day.
With the continued growth of apps like Uber and Lyft and the unfortunate crimes committed by people posing as drivers, it is important to go over the safety tips for using Ride-Share apps. and to share the information with your friends and loved ones as well. https://www.uber.com/us/en/ride/safety/tips/
- Limit the amount of time you wait outside for your ride, wait inside until the app lets you know your ride is here.
- Make sure you are getting in to the right car with the right driver.
- Check the license plate, car make and model and driver photo provided to you by the app.
- Have the driver confirm your name before you get in the car – ask “who are you here to pick up”. All drivers are provided with the name of the person they are picking up, if they do not know your name, DO NOT get in!
- Sit in the back seat whenever possible, especially if you are riding alone – remember you are getting in the car with a stranger, it is always best to have a buffer zone.
- ALWAYS wear your seat belt.
- Do not share any of your personal information with the drive, everything he needs to know was already shared in the app.
- Share your trip status in the app will send a friend or loved one your drivers name, photo, License plate, real time location and the ETA.
- Trust your intuition, Uber now has an emergency button in the app that will send your real time location and details to 911 should you feel you are in danger in any way.
- Make sure you are picked up and dropped off in a well-lit area.
Latest posts by Stuart Forchheimer (see all)
- Santa Claus is Coming to Town - December 24, 2019
- What is 3G and how will the 3G Sunset affect your Security System? - December 22, 2019
- Wellcam – Peace of Mind While Your Loved Ones are Aging in Place - November 26, 2019