In the coming months, you will hear more and more about in-ceilings brackets and wall mounts for the Amazon Dot, Google Home or the forthcoming Apple HomePod. Imagine being able to tell your device to play you part of your playlist through your home speaker system. Then, imagine being able to walk room to room, asking questions, making shopping lists, or changing the song.
Those days are almost here.
HS Tech Group is in the process of creating a system that connects your home automation device to your in-home speaker system. Best of all, you won’t have to find a place on your counter for the device itself. We are designing an in-ceiling bracket that will hold your home device, then cover the opening with a simple speaker grill. You will not be able to tell where it is, but it will always be available to you.
Our proprietary amplifier will also be able to communicate your voice back to your device, regardless of where you are in your house.
Need to hear the next step of your recipe in the kitchen? Simply ask.
Want to hear today’s weather in your bedroom? Your device will hear you.
Our System Solves Three Problems
There are three major problems with the home systems as they are being produced:
- There is only so much speaker quality you can pack into a small device. Even with gains in sound quality, the speakers included in home automation systems are still too small to carry effectively from one room to another. By connecting your automation system to your home speaker system, you can enjoy high-quality sound without sacrificing convenience.
- The second major problem with home automation systems is that you need to be close to the device for it to function. Have your playlist playing in your bathroom but want to ask a question from your bathroom? Limits on the proximity to the voice giving commands also minimize this type of device’s functionality.
- Finally, placing your home automation system in the ceiling allows you to preserve valuable counter space while utilizing vertical space in your ceiling.
The last thing our customers want is another set of volume controls or another touchpad to contend with to work their home speaker system. Our proprietary amplifier works with your existing system and your home automation device to eliminate the need for another set of controls. Simply tell your device what you want it to do, and it will do it.
While this type of system is still in the works, we at HS Tech are excited to begin offering it to our customers in the coming months. Home automation systems like Amazon Dot, Google Home, and the upcoming Apple HomePod are not going anywhere. The technology will only continue to improve, and we will do our best to ensure it is ready, available and convenient for you in the walls of your home.
- Home Surveillance Systems: What They Are & Why You Need Them - September 29, 2019
- 2018 State of Maryland Smoke Alarm Law – What you need to know - April 16, 2018
- Fall/Winter 2017 iPad Winner - March 12, 2018